HI-PRECISION DIAGNOSTIC CENTER INC. – DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
This DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT sets out how HI-PRECISION DIAGNOSTIC CENTER INC. (HPD) uses personal information of patients and explains:
• What kind of information is collected
• How it is collected
• How it is managed and stored
• How it is used
• How you can access and update information relating to you
This policy applies to information acquired from patients of HPD that have completed the Patient Registration process and other accompanying forms that are required to administer their requests.
Information collected and held by HPD is subject to the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and HPD respects and supports privacy protection in relation to information collected. HPD is committed to comply with the Data Privacy Act (Republic Act No. 10173).
THE COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
HPD collects and holds information relating to patients’ requests. This information includes name, address and other details describing the patient. The personal information may include, but is not limited to the following data:
• Telephone number
• E-mail address
• Date of birth
• Physician’s Name
• Medical Information
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
HOW HPD USES PERSONAL INFORMATION (USE OF DATA)
HPD uses the information contained in the database primarily for managing and administering the medical diagnostic tests requested by patients directly or via their employers to complete their requirements. In addition, HPD utilizes the information held on the database for the secondary purpose of performing statistical analysis, executing marketing campaigns, demand and supply strategic planning and product development. Explained further in clause 1 below.
No persons other than HPD, or employees, agents and contractors of those persons, are authorized to access patient information held in the program database. All persons who can access the information are required to maintain its confidentiality and comply with privacy laws.
HOW IS IT COLLECTED?
This happens whenever a patient registers in any of our branches and requests for any of our services by completing registration, testing and consent forms. In addition, on each occasion when a patient is tested, details of that transaction are recorded and kept in the program database including medical diagnostic testing results information related to the patient.
it is also provided to us voluntarily by you directly or via a third party) who has been duly authorized by you to disclose your personal data to us (your “authorized representative”, companies, and 3rd party health care providers, etc.) after you (or your authorized representative) have been notified of the purposes for which the data is collected, and you or your authorized representative have provided written consent to the collection and usage of your personal and medical data for those purposes, or collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted or required by laws. We shall seek your consent before collecting any additional personal data and before using your personal data for a purpose which has not been notified to you (except where permitted or authorized by law).
1. We may collect and use your personal data and medical information for any or all of the following purposes:
(a) Primary Purpose:
a. Managing and administering the medical diagnostic tests requested by the Data Subject
b. Performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
c. Transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in the Philippines or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; whilst complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
d. Verifying your identity
(b) Secondary Purpose: performing statistical analysis, executing marketing campaigns, demand and supply strategic planning and product development.
a. Responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests,applications,complaints, and feedback from you;
b. Managing your relationship with us;
c. Processing payment or credit transactions;
d. Sending you marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
e. Any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
f. Any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above
Whilst complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
2. We may disclose your personal data:
(a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
(b) To third party diagnostic testing facilities, service providers, agents and other organizations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 1 above for us.
3. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
4. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
5. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it. 10.
6. Whilst we respect your decision to refuse signing this agreement. Please note that we may not be in a position to continue providing our services to you. Since the information collected is critical to the service and goods we provide.
7. Withdrawing of your consent, please note that we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 4 above.
8. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
HOW IS IT STORED AND MANAGED?
The patient registration and other testing and consent forms are securely stored at the branches, while the digital records are stored electronically in an encrypted computer database managed by HPD. Patient data and information will be stored for 10 years.
DATA QUALITY AND SECURITY
HPD is committed to taking all reasonable steps to make sure the information acquired using manual forms, and digital information held on its databases, are accurate and secure.
ACCESS AND UPDATING CUSTOMER INFORMATION
If you wish to review or update patient information about you held by HPD, you may approach any of our Customer Service personnel at the Customer Service counter at any of our branches or you may send an e-mail request to email@example.com.
Every patient has the right not to receive direct marketing communications that are not included with any statement. If you wish to exercise this right, please inform our Customer Service personnel at any of our branches.
HOW TO CONTACT US
For any queries, clarifications or requests on any aspect of this Data Privacy Statement, the exercise of your rights pertaining to your personal information or to provide any feedback that you may have about our processing of personal information, please visit any of our branches or get in touch with our Contact Center via our Corporate Hotline at (632) 8863-9999. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org which is manned during business hours.
You may also write our Data Privacy Officer at:
DATA PRIVACY OFFICER
HI-PRECISION DIAGNOSTIC CENTER INC.
440-442 W. Long Building,
Del Monte Ave. cor. Biak-Na-Bato,
Barangay Sienna, Quezon City 1105
CHANGES TO OUR DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may modify or amend this Data Privacy Statement from time to time to keep up with any changes in relevant laws and regulations applicable to us or how we collect, use, protect, store, share or dispose of your personal information. Any relevant updates will be posted on the Hi-Precision Diagnostic website.